It’s hard to believe we are are a week into August already. This summer held big things for both Andrew and I as we celebrated a year of marriage and a year of our new life in California. While I am sad to see summer go, I am SO excited to be moving into fall. Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year. Football games, cozy sweaters, and salted carmel mocha’s is what makes autumn so absolutely wonderful. But before I get too ahead of myself I thought I would set some goals for this month. I’m linking up with The Tiny Twig blog to share my goals for August.
1. Consistent time with the Lord. I don’t know about you but I am so easily distracted. This is something that I am working on because it affects many aspects of my life, including my quiet time. Even though I don’t have a lot going on right now, I find that I am always putting my quiet time on the back burner. THIS should NOT be happening and I am going to work harder this month to get up earlier and spend the first part of the day with my Savior.
2. Do something nice for a stranger. I was recently inspired by an article that was circulating Facebook that showed things people did for complete strangers that were genuine and kind acts. In a society where everyone is in a rush and only looking out for themselves, its encouraging to see their are still good hearted people that will go out of their way to put a smile on someones face.
3. Get to the gym more often. I’ll be honest. I am not a huge fan of working out. I go through phases where I love it and hit the gym 4-5 times a week. But recently (and maybe most of the time) I drag my feet there to exercise, and only go once or twice. But its one of the best things for me because when I work out I feel more energized and I also feel better about myself.
4. Go away for a weekend. While moving away was hard, it was also very exciting to Andrew and I because California was a new place for us to experience. And since neither one of us had spent much time (in my case, none at all) here on the west coast, it offered opportunities for us to explore new places. We keep saying that we’re going to visit new places while we are here and we have really fallen behind on that goal. Our biggest excuses are time and money. We’ve talked about driving up the coast (we have driven down!) to Seattle and visiting Hawaii (since the airfare is a little cheaper from CA), but its just hard to find the time. We do, however, have a few weekend-getaway locations that we have recently discussed and I am determined to look into and plan one of these for this month or the next.
5. Figure out Tumblr. Shortly after I started this blog I signed up for Tumblr….and I can’t figure it out. I’ve been meaning to read into it and actually explore the site but its a lot to keep up with on top of all the other social media options we have and use. But none the less, I would like to figure it out. If you have any suggestions please comment below.
6. Reach out to other bloggers. I am new to this whole blogging scene and feel like I am just finally getting my feet wet. It has been a goal of mine to reach out to other bloggers and hear about their inspiration and encourage them in their writing.
What are some of your goals for this month?