A friend from college and fellow blogger Melissa at A Pearl + Her Pilot has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thanks so much for thinking of me Melissa!
The rules of the award state:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you.
3. Create your own set of questions for the people you are going to nominate.
4. Choose 11 people to nominate, and link them to your blog.
5. Let the people you’ve nominated let them know they’ve been tagged. No tag backs!
11 facts about myself
1. I am first and foremost a follower of Christ.
2. I recently learned that I love banana peppers.
3. In college I participated and danced for 46 hours in Penn State’s Dance Marathon, the largest student-run philanthropy in the world.
4. I love dogs, especially Golden Retrievers.
5. I have never been overseas.
6. I currently live in California but was born and raised in central Pennsylvania.
7. I broke two bones as a kid only months apart.
8. I’m a middle child.
9. I married a rocket scientist.
10. I’m tongue-tied.
11. I LOVE ice cream, but am slightly lactose intolerant.
The 11 questions from Melissa:
1. Beaches or Mountains?
Definitely mountains! I grew up where there were more mountains than beaches. Now I live right along the California coast where beaches are numerous but still miss the mountains from home.
2. Why did you decide to become a blogger?
After moving far away from family and friends I thought blogging would be a fun way to keep them up to date on our lives here in California. I had tried and failed a number of times to write a blog in college but now I have more time.
3. Whats the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Without sounding like a cliche, I would have to say embarking on a long distance relationship. Andrew and I both knew it would be hard but I don’t think either one of us knew just how hard. I am so glad that we made it through that difficult phase in our relationship.
4. What did you have for dinner last night?
Last night we had stir fry…one of our favorite dishes.
5. Why did you name your blog what you did?
Moving from the East to the West coast inspired my blog name. Even if we move back east, this name will remain because I have learned and been inspired by so much since moving to California.
6. How did your parents come up with your name?
My mom named me after my Grandma and Great-Grandma. Keri, after my Great-Grandma Carrie and Elizabeth after my Grandma.
7. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
I have always thought it would be cool to be invisible.
8. What is the best tip about blogging that you would pass on to a new blogger?
Don’t worry so much about deadlines, stats, and appearance. Just focus on having a good time with it cause that’s really all that matters.
9. If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be?
Sandra Bullock because she’s hilarious.
10. What is your favorite recipe on Pinterest?
Banana Crumb Muffins! Seriously, so good. We always seem to have bananas in our freezer ready to be baked into something. One day I was sick of making the same ole banana bread and looked for a muffin recipe instead. This recipe is so, so good and was an instant favorite. (Also, I added chocolate chips and pecans to mine).
11. What is your favorite workout?
I have never been a huge fan of working out. Since joining a gym last fall I started attending the Les Mills Body Pump class and I absolutely LOVE it!! It focuses on muscle building and toning in all your major muscle groups. You can weight up or weight down depending on your strength level. I saw (and felt!) results fast which encouraged me to attend more.
My 11 questions for you:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
2. What is the last book that you read?
3. What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
4. Why did you decide to become a blogger?
5. Sports or HGTV?
6. What’s your favorite snack?
7. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
8. What chore do you hate the most?
9. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
10. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
11. What do you miss most about being kid?
Victoria at Happy Homemade
Danya at Danya Collyer
Kelsey at Write Down the Middle
Alisa at Alisa Georgeff
Allie at Allie Way Design
Kelsey at Kandidly Kelsey
Jess at Running Faithful