The highlight of our wedding centerpieces was this very cute, glitter mason jar. They looked outstanding under the twinkly lights in our reception room and once it began to grow darker outside they provided the perfect ambiance to what we were looking for.
Not to mention, this project was so easy and so FUN! My sister and I had a blast one warm summer afternoon putting these together. I wanted to keep going and do more. Granted, they look great at a wedding table with sparkly lights overhead (I’m biased, I know) but they would also make a great Christmas decoration. You could even mix it up with some red and green glitter along with the gold. Bring your own style to it but most of all have fun.
What I used:
- mason jars
- loose glitter
- Elmer’s glue
You’ll also need:
- bowl (styrofoam or regular)
- foam brush or big paint brush
- tea lights
It might be best to do this project outside or somewhere in your house that you don’t mind glitter possibly sprinkling everywhere.
- Mix the glue and water together in a bowl to create a runnier glue mixture…you want it to be able to slide on easily
- Take your brush and dip in the glue mixture then brush all along the inside of the mason jar (don’t worry, the glue will dry clear)
- Take your glitter and sprinkle it lightly around in the mason jar. Roll the jar around in your hands to make sure the sides get covered to your liking…you can go heavy or light with the glitter
- Set out to dry!
- Repeat with however many mason jars you want.
For our centerpieces, I put tea lights in them for an extra sparkly look. For Christmas this year, I am going to set out a row of them and stuff Christmas lights in them. Have fun! And don’t forget to share your creations by commenting on this post or sharing on Instagram #glittermasonjars.
Photo Credit: Stephanie Dee Photography